Posted by Weston Ganger
- Snack / Dessert
To make about 2 dozen Macaroons:
- 4 large (120 grams) egg whites, at room temperature
- 1 cup (200 grams) granulated white sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup (60 grams) cake flour, sifted
- 3 cups (300 grams) sweetened shredded coconut
In a stainless steel bowl, placed over a saucepan of simmering water, whisk together the egg whites, sugar, and salt. When this mixture is warm to the touch, and nice and creamy, remove from heat and stir in the vanilla extract, flour, and coconut. Cover and refrigerate for about two hours, or until firm.
Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (170 degrees C) and line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
Place small mounds (heaping tablespoons) of the batter on the parchment-lined baking sheet, spacing several inches apart. Bake for about 15 to 20 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from oven and let cool on the baking sheet for about 10 minutes and then place on a wire rack to cool.
Article Topic:Food Recipes
Date:June 19, 2018